Oh, hey. The official link to this page has finally been established - I'm sure you early adopters were on the edge of your seats. Thank you very much for visiting!
I've been collecting figurines for as long as I can remember, but I'll argue it only really started in the late 2000's when I was just a young lass, having been introduced to the wide world of Hasbro's Littlest Pet Shop (LPS) figures. This went hand-in-hand with my fledging love for moviemaking when I found the early days of the LPS film scene on YouTube. I'm not kidding when I say that back then, that era was a huge influence on me as an artist!! From there, I got super into collecting different kinds of LPS figurines, sets, and accessories for them. Then it went onto the Mario figures produced by a whole mix of companies depending on where you come from (the Banpresto/PopCo/Goldie International line), which I used to collect the 3.75" figures for - I would've gotten the 5" figures had I known they'd existed back then! And then I discovered figmas and nendoroids and oh my... it just spiraled on from there, haha!
To summarize, I really like figurines. I like them best when they're articulated, and I like them even more if they've got switchable parts and accessories. Aaand I've got a whole bunch of them I'd love to share with the wider world! Back in Janurary 2022, I finally bit the bullet and invested in my own camera, and now here we are almost a year later with That Figures! Inspired loosely by other toy review blogs that have helped me learn so much over time (give my regards to Toy Box Philosopher!), I hope my silly little website can act as a sort of archive for the specific figurines I collect, maybe even a safe discussion space about things to do with merchandising overall - but mostly, I want it to be somewhere fun to spend an afternoon!
- Name and pronouns: Cass, she/her
- Gender: Cis woman! I have been questioning the demi side of things lately.
- Sexuality: Asexual-Biromantic.
- Age: Above 18+.
- What camera do you use: I use a Fujifilm X-T200. I use a zoom lens I bought for it in a bundle with the camera - I forgot the specifics for it, I'll update this later when I manage to retrieve them! I'd love to purchase a macro lens when I've got enough saved.
- What is this: A site where I can brag about collectables and all the cool photos I take without having to take up one of the channels in my private discord server.
- Why is this: I fucking love making websites. Also I dropped out of uni recently and I need something to tide me over and keep me away from that self-loathing.
- How is this: power of HTML and CSS, baby! It's very fun to learn, I'll promise you that.
- What other stuff do you like: I draw sometimes! I enjoy my videogames, and am a poor old sucker for Nintendo stuff. Mario is my favourite franchise, and he's one of my favourite characters ever! Stan your local italian short kings today. I also love cats (though they can be very annoying when they're trying to bite off the hands off my figures) and animation as a whole.
- Favourite Nintendo console: Tie between the Gamecube and 3DS. Wii is a very close third - you can tell what generation I grew up in.
- Any secrets? There's another site I've got floating around on Neocities that you may have ran into, though I'm not revealing the link until I'm happy with where that's at. My art style above - and the things I'm going to post about - might give you a hint!